Local manufacturing company looking for a skilled Fabricator/Welder with minimum 10+ years of experience in MIG process fit and fabrication to cut and join metals and other materials at facilities. You will operate standard production equipment (overhead crane, forklift, hydraulic shear, iron worker, band saw) to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure.
A Fabricator/Welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of various kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
· Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
· Ability to set own machinery to accommodate welding procedures
· Set up components for welding according to specifications (cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
· Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
· Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions per company guidelines and procedures
· Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
· Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
· Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
· Experience in a metal processing industry and strong working knowledge with metal/AR plate fabrication
· 10+ years’ experience in MIG process, fit and fabrication
– Proficient in GMAW
-.045 Metal Core
· Proficient in reading a tape measure
· Self-starter and quality minded
· Experience in layout and fitting
· Be able to work in a team environment to meet deadlines for production needs
· Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures
· Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, grinders. etc.)
· Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
· Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves, etc.)
· Demonstrates ability to be detail-oriented and pay close attention to accuracy and verbal directions.
– Must have basic fabrication tools (welding hood, pliers, tape measure, combo square, slide square, hammer, etc.)
· Must embrace safety as a core value by following all company policies and procedures. Needs to have a good work ethic and able to adjust to change, be a role model for others and lead by example. Willing to be a team player, take responsibility, be honest, act with integrity and willing to contribute to the success of the company.
· This position requires Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, crawl, twist/turn, grasp, push, reach overhead and outward frequently. Also requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on regular basis and stand or walk up to 10 hours per day.
· Hydraulic shear, press brake, forklift, and overhead crane experience a plus.
· Please include at least (2) verifiable references with phone numbers (preferably past supervisor, foreman and/or lead).
Give us a call to get you started/scheduled for interview. (817)624-1777 or (817)713-7069. You can also email us to Stephanie@alwaystherepersonnel.net
2601 Airport Freeway Suite #300, Fort Worth, 76111